NEW YORK CITY -- A one-year-old girl from Albany died in New York City after she was severely burned by a radiator in her grandmother's apartment.
Police say Gabriela Grimes and her four-year-old sister were visiting their grandmother at her Manhattan apartment. They say the grandmother put the two girls to bed, and everything was okay when she checked on them around 2 a.m. Tuesday.
Police say when the grandmother checked in again at 6 a.m., she found one-year-old Gabriela wedged between the bed and a hot radiator. The baby was rushed to St. Luke's Hospital, where officials say she later died.
The grandmother is not facing any charges.